Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Graphic Design Tip: Images in Text


Last week I discovered something awesome..... clipping masks with text!  That means you can have an image show through the text, very cool.   And the best thing is that you don't have to have Photoshop to do it!  Yep, you can download Gimp for free and follow this great tutorial I found at Gimping Along.  It was easy enough for a less-than-savvy graphic designer  like me.

It was so much fun that I got a little carried away.....



Another thing I discovered..... you can use this same technique on silhouette images!  Cool!  Check out the birds I designed.




9 comments :

  1. Wow! That is so neat, I'm going to have to try that.
    I love the bottom "Grown Creative" with the pink tones, I'm a sucker for pink :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! They look great and so connected to your art, this is a must try. I really appreciate that you shared this. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I download it right now!Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very creative and cool! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fun idea. I really love the birds! Beautiful! I would love it if you would stop by and share at Lines Across. I hope to see you soon,
    Rachel
    http://www.linesacross.com/2012/09/the-cure-for-common-monday-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I love this! Why did I never think to do this? I use clipping masks all the time! Definitely pinning this and can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm crossing my fingers you'll shared this at my Throwback Thursday party. I hope to see you there! And thanks for sharing :) http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-11/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Images in Text. Such a cool idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing! I can’t wait to try this. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week! Have a wonderful weekend
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I love to reply to them! I reply through email, so if you don't get a response from me, it's because you are a non-reply comment blogger. Please check your settings so I can respond. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...