Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Playing with Abstracts

Do you ever paint, just for the sake of painting, not really trying to make anything in particular?
 I do that once in a while. It makes me feel like a kid again.  It feels awesome.  Just let go of fears and go for it!



And then I scan the paintings and play around with cropping different sections.  Each little section could be an artwork in itself.  I love it!


I rotated this one and sliced it it half.  These could work as bookmarks... what do you think?


P.S. Happy Halloween!  I know this post is not with the theme of the day, but I had to post it anyway :)



5 comments :

  1. These are great, Elise. I love the colors. I think it's important to just "let yourself go." That's when you're really able to create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so long since I last painted anything... I love the colors on the last ones.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
    ^^

    http://seelovemake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's awesome. those are sections of the one painting? even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your abstracts are gorgeous... swoon.....


    hugs ~ Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do sit and play with my water color pencils while watching TV. I have never thought of scanning and manipulating the creations. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...