Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Look at my Sketchbook

 Happy 2013!  I think I'll start off the new year with a few sketches of my favorite little boy.

I hardly ever sketch this kid live. He moves much much too fast.  So I usually sketch from photos.

I love my little boy and I love reading him stories!  I am constantly inspired by the beautiful illustrations in children's books.

These leaf drawings were inspired by a book called Grandpa Green, a really cute book about a gardening grandpa who makes sculptures from bushes in his yard that tell the stories of his life.  The illustrations are amazing!  I may attempt a watercolor along these lines in the future :)


5 comments :

  1. Lovely

    Roxana @ Four Eleven Rox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sketching Elise - you ought to do more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one of him with a rolling pin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crow, you are so talented! What wonderful sketches.

    Love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sketching is so awesome. I love art so much. Your drawings are beautiful. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I love to reply to them! I reply through email, so if you don't get a response from me, it's because you are a non-reply comment blogger. Please check your settings so I can respond. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...