Friday, November 1, 2013

Free Crochet Pattern: Two Layer Flower

Two Layer Crochet Flowers

Ready for another flower pattern?  Yes, I know I've done a few before, but I finally created a good flower to go with my Shell Stitch Hats.  I've had a few questions about the flower I used for the hat pattern.  Well, now my pattern includes the flower with it so you don't have to go elsewhere!  Nice!


As for the Flower Pattern itself..... here it is:
(click the title to download a PDF for the flower)

copyright Elise Engh 2013- please do not redistribute, sell, or copy as your own

Flower
Use an H Hook

Ch 5, sl st to 1st ch to form ring.
1st Layer
Rnd 1:  Ch 7 (counts as dc, ch-4 sp), [ 2dc in ring, ch 4] 5 times, dc in ring, sl st in 3rd ch of beg. Ch 7, do not turn -12dc.
Rnd 2:  [Sl st, sc, hdc, 4dc, hdc, sc, sl st] in each ch-sp around- 30dc.

2nd Layer
Rnd 1:  ch 1, [sc around 1st dc post from round 1, ch 3], repeat around 1st dc of remaining dc sets around, sl st in 1st sc.   – 6 ch 3 spaces
Rnd 2: [sc, hdc, 3dc, hdc, sc] in each space. Sl st in 1st sc. -18dc
Fasten off.  Weave in ends.


Two Layer Crochet Flower

4 comments :

  1. Thank you! I love the look of your two layered flower and can not wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you . . . I am a beginner and I have only done chain, single and double . . . except for one stitch that I created (that probably already has a name, but I don't know it). LOL I just needed something to create a scalloped boarder. Anyway, I've copied your pattern and I'm going to get out my beginner book and give it a try. Thank you again, I was wanting a flower.
    Keep Smiling,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flowers!!!Nice blog!
    Best wishes!I'm your new fowoller!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOh, I love a new flower pattern, it feels like crochet was invented to make flowers! Thank you, I'll try it out tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
!-- BLOGHER ADS Begin Tune-in Bar -->