Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Crochet Chevron Scarf Pattern

Grey Crochet Chevron Scarf

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!  

Hopefully you have some time off to relax, watch a movie, or crochet.  Crochet is relaxing to me..... most of the time, except when I'm trying to figure out a super complicated pattern.   Sometimes it feels like trying to learn a new language!

But you are in luck, I'm starting off 2014 with a simple and free crochet scarf pattern!  This one shouldn't have you pulling out your hair :)

Grey Crochet Chevron Scarf

Crochet Chevron Scarf

Materials: 
Worsted Weight Yarn ( I used Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather), 5-7oz
Size I/ 9-5.50MM crochet Hook
Yarn Needle

Abbreviations:
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
st = stitch

Notes:
Ch 2 does not count as dc.

Instructions:

Ch 27.

Row 1:  2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc in next 5 ch, skip 2 ch, dc in next 5 ch, 3dc in next ch, dc in next 5 ch, skip 2 ch, dc in next 3 ch, end with 2 dc in last ch.Turn. (25dc)

Row 2: Ch 2, 2dc in 1st dc, dc in next 5 dc, skip 2 dc, dc in next 5 dc, 3dc in next dc, dc in next 5 dc, skip 2 dc, dc in next 3 dc, end with 2 dc in last dc. Turn. (25 dc)

Rows 3- 107: Repeat row 2.  (I wanted my scarf extra long so I crocheted 107 rows.  To make a shorter scarf, decrease the number of rows to desired length.)

Fasten off and weave in ends.
Grey Crochet Chevron Scarf: Free Pattern

12 comments :

  1. Lovely scarf! I like the subtle pattern since you only used one color

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit sad that my Christmas crochet is over - one of my projects was your hat, which I gave to my sister. I'm excited to see this scarf pattern! I think I need to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I've made a chevron blanket before but I might have to add chevron scarf to my To Do list for this year.
    Thanks for the tutorial!

    Found you over at Tip Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm off to buy suitable yarn for this project, widened it would make a great Prayer Shawl. Thank you for sharing. Count me as a new Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm off to buy suitable yarn for this project, widened it would make a great Prayer Shawl. Thank you for sharing. Count me as a new Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! I want to make this now.. pinning and going to look through my yarn stash ;o) Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scarfs are so in this year my daughter loves them and I have quite a few skeins around. I made this same one years back when my neice and my youngest were begging for Scarfs out of a cool neon gradient, I did the same but in single stitch for a warmer scarf but this is so nice for accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scarf is lovely!! And your right, crocheting is relaxing a lot of the time, but sometimes it's just not haha. Or, when counting stitches...if someone talks to me I am done for, lol. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty :-) Thanks for the great pattern.
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you through the Crochet website and I had to tell you how much I love this pattern. I really love the look of a chevron and usually make it with multiple colors. While pretty, I HATE weaving in all those ends. I love the idea of a single color chevron. I'm making this tonight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful use of the crochet chevron stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of this scarf! I must try it this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...