In case you were wondering, here is a little bit about me, the creator of Grow Creative.
- My name is Elise and I'm a stay-at-home wife, mother, artist, crafter, crocheter, and an occasionally decent cook, although I don't really like cooking much.
- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (also known as Mormons). I've been a member of the LDS church my entire life and it truly has blessed me in so many ways. If you're ever curious about what life as a Mormon is like- please ask! I love talking about it :)
- I grew up in a tiny Northeastern Arizona town which, still to this day, does not have any stoplights! I currently live in Utah with my husband and son.
- I have a degree in Art Education, but I don't teach currently- at least not in a public school. I get my son involved in art when I can and I send my art tutorials out into the world through this blog. That counts as teaching right?
- I have loved creating beautiful things all my life and have always been drawn to color. I'm always thinking about art or color or some other craftiness in some form. It's one of my many passions.
- I am a major car accident survivor. I can't begin to write all the blessings and trials and miracles that have happened since, but I'll just say that I have a reason to be on this earth and I'm a much better person for having gone through all that pain.
- Recently I have also been challenged with infertility- a problem I never thought I would have. I was diagnosed with Severe Endometriosis and have been told that it's not likely for me to ever conceive naturally again. This is a huge heartbreak for our family, but our faith in the Savior and the love of family and friends have seen us through so far. We're not giving up yet!
I call this little space "Grow Creative" because it documents my creative journey through the world of visual arts and crafts. I've had this little blog up for four years now and I've grown as an artist, crafter, and blogger in so many ways :) I hope to inspire and help you readers grow in your own creativity as well.
Facebook: Grow Creative
Pinterest: Grow Creative
Etsy: Grow Creative