In case you were wondering, here is a little bit about me, the creator of Grow Creative.
- I'm a stay-at-home wife, mother, artist, crafter, crocheter, and an occasionally decent cook, although I don't really like cooking much.
- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (also known as Mormons). I've been a member of the LDS church my entire life and it truly has blessed me in so many ways.
- I grew up in a tiny Northeastern Arizona town which, still to this day, does not have any stoplights! I currently live in Utah with my husband and son.
- I have a degree in Art Education, but I don't teach currently- at least not in a public school. I get my son involved in art when I can.
- I have loved creating beautiful things all my life! That's why I got into art. I didn't branch out into the world of crafts until I became a stay-at-home mom. But ever since I have realized what I was missing out on!
- 11 years ago I was in a major car accident that left me with a broken back among other injuries. I have suffered with back pain and migraines ever since in spite of all the treatments and surgeries. It has changed me completely..... for the better. It has taken many many prayers and miracles to get me to where I am today and I am grateful for every migraine-free day I am granted.
- Recently I have also been challenged with infertility- a problem I never thought I would have. I was diagnosed with severe Endometriosis and have been told that it's not likely for me to ever conceive naturally again. This is another huge heartbreak, but my faith in my Savior and the love of my family and friends have seen me through so far. We're not giving up yet!
I call this little space "Grow Creative" because it documents my creative journey through the world of visual arts and crafts. I've had this little blog up for three years now and I've grown as an artist, crafter, and blogger in so many ways :) I hope to inspire and help you readers grow in your own creativity as well.
Facebook: Grow Creative
Pinterest: Grow Creative
Etsy: Grow Creative